Introduction to Fair Isle Knitting - 3 Colored Cowl
with Jodi Horgan
Saturday, September 17th from 10:30-12:30pm
Come learn the skills to create this cozy cowl just in time for fall. Fair Isle (or color work) is the technique of using multiple strands of yarn to create beautiful designs in knitting. In this class you’ll learn how to choose colors, read charts, how to manage two strands of yarn, adjust tension, catch floats, and change colors. You’ll leave class with all the knowledge needed to complete your cowl.
Skill level: MUST be able to knit and purl in the round.
YBD CLASS POLICIES
- REGISTRATION: Please register online, in-store, or call us at (412) 794-8332. We require students to pre-register at least 72 hours in advance and payment in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot.
- CLASS MINIMUMS: Private = 1 student, Group = 2 or more.
- CANCELLATIONS: Registrants may cancel up to 24 hours before the scheduled class (via email: info@YarnsByDesignPA.com, subject: class cancellation) and have one (1) month to reschedule. We will not accept cancellations via voicemail. All late cancellations result in a forfeit of the scheduled class. If YBD must cancel a class, we will either issue a full refund or provide the opportunity to reschedule the class.
- MISSED CLASSES: We do not offer make-ups or credit for missed classes.
- PROMPTNESS: We do not make up any time lost for tardiness, please arrive promptly. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you forfeit the class and fees.
- CLASS DISCOUNTS: Students will receive a 10% discount on the purchase of supplies required for the class.
- OTHER DETAILS: Class fees do not include the cost of yarn/materials unless otherwise stated.
Pre-work is required before class. All the details and instructions will be provided once registration is complete. Students will receive 10% supplies needed for the class! Class will be capped at 6 students, masks are required. Please include all contact information when signing up online.