Come learn the basics of Tunisian crochet with Becky Mason of snail + teacup designs while making a stylish chevron cowl. Tunisian crochet, also known as Afghan crochet, creates a softer and thicker fabric than traditional crochet and uses a longer straight or corded hook. Experienced crocheters and knitters alike will love adding this new skill to their repertoire. In this class, you will learn all the basics of Tunisian crochet including: the Tunisian simple stitch, increases and decreases, how to change colors, and how to troubleshoot common problems many beginners face, all while making a beautiful chevron cowl that no one will believe is your first project! If you have been intimidated by Tunisian crochet before, come learn with us in a fun and supportive group. Skill Level: Beginner, however, prior experience with either regular crochet or knitting highly preferred. A list of materials will be provided when you register. Class will be capped at 6 students.
YBD CLASS POLICIES
- CANCELLATIONS: Registrants may cancel up to 24 hours before the scheduled class (via email: info@YarnsByDesignPA.com, subject: class cancellation) and have one (1) month to reschedule. We will not accept cancellations via voicemail. All late cancellations result in a forfeit of the scheduled class. If YBD must cancel a class, we will either issue a full refund or provide the opportunity to reschedule the class.
- MISSED CLASSES: We do not offer make-ups or credit for missed classes.
- PROMPTNESS: We do not make up any time lost for tardiness, please arrive promptly. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you forfeit the class and fees.
- CLASS DISCOUNTS: Students will receive a 10% discount on the purchase of supplies required for the class.
- OTHER DETAILS: Class fees do not include the cost of yarn/materials unless otherwise stated.