Saturday, September 17 - 10:30-12pm
Saturday, October 22 - 10:30-12pm
Join Vanessa for this fun virtual class! Have you ever found the pattern of your dreams only to learn that the suggested yarn has been discontinued? Or maybe you have wondered why some yarn substitutions look great and others…eh, not so much. If so, this is the class for you. Working with a straightforward poncho that was designed for a now-discontinued yarn, you will learn how to select yarn substitutes and create a new garment that looks (and fits) the way YOU want it to. This is a two-part, VIRTUAL class. You can be anywhere with a decent internet connection to join in the fun. Virtual class fees include the Zoom class, links to “how-to” videos, and private access to Vanessa for individual questions as they arise. You’ll come to think of your phone as a knitting tutor in your pocket!
We will review yarn selection in a range of weights from fingering to bulky (yes, this pattern is that flexible), and for those who need a refresher, Vanessa will teach the stitches for the pattern. There is NO need to buy the yarn for this class before part one.
In the second class, Vanessa will cover neck shaping tips and tricks and two ways to seam the shoulders (three needle bind off and a properly sewn shoulder seam).
Any yarn and needles to practice the stitches for the first class. Ideally, you will buy the yarn AFTER the first class (once you know how to substitute yarn successfully for this pattern).
If you love the shop sample and want to recreate it, you will need to hold one stand of Malabrigo Rios and one strand of Malabrigo sock together and use size 13 needles (or size to get gauge). Total meterage is 850 meters of each yarn.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner to Knitting Ninja
Students must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off.
Students will receive 10% off yarn and needles needed for the class/KAL. Pattern is the #3 Openwork Poncho available on Ravelry.
YBD CLASS POLICIES
- REGISTRATION: Please register online, in-store, or call us at (412) 794-8332. We require students to pre-register at least 72 hours in advance and payment in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot.
- CLASS MINIMUMS: Private = 1 student, Group = 2 or more.
- CANCELLATIONS: Registrants may cancel up to 24 hours before the scheduled class (via email: info@YarnsByDesignPA.com, subject: class cancellation) and have one (1) month to reschedule. We will not accept cancellations via voicemail. All late cancellations result in a forfeit of the scheduled class. If YBD must cancel a class, we will either issue a full refund or provide the opportunity to reschedule the class.
- MISSED CLASSES: We do not offer make-ups or credit for missed classes.
- PROMPTNESS: We do not make up any time lost for tardiness, please arrive promptly. If you are more than 15 minutes late, you forfeit the class and fees.
- CLASS DISCOUNTS: Students will receive a 10% discount on the purchase of supplies required for the class.
- OTHER DETAILS: Class fees do not include the cost of yarn/materials unless otherwise stated.